Ultra precision fully hydrostatic 2-axis vertical turning machine for hardened workpieces up to 68 HRC and 650 mm in diameter.
The Mikroturn® 650 V is able to achieve micron accuracies in hardened steel due to superb static and dynamic stiffness and the thermal stability of the machine. The construction is unique due to the application of a fully hydrostatic and wear free main spindle and slides together with the use of a very stable natural granite machine base.
Ultra precision. It all starts at the base.
All Mikroturn® machines have a natural granite machine base with an integrated vibration damping system. Natural granite is the perfect machine base. It is completely stress free , has very good damping properties, is corrosion free and has a low thermal expansion coefficient improving thermal stiffness.
All these characteristics make natural granite the perfect base for an ultra precision machine. Natural granite base:
- Good damping properties
- High thermal stability
- High static and dynamic stiffness
- Free of stress
- Corrosion free
Hydrostatic slides and main spindle.
The main spindle bearings and slide guideways are the most important machine elements in a lathe, determining part accuracies of the workpieces and the lifetime of the machine. The current Mikroturn® machines entail more than 40 years of engineering knowledge in hydrostatic bearing systems and guideways.
The hydrostatic system in the Mikroturn® Machine series is far superior to any other conventional system and offer many advantages.
- Excellent running accuracy
- Superb damping properties
- High stiffness, independent of speed
- Good thermal stability
- No wear and thus everlasting accuracy
- Longer tool life
Key features Mikroturn® 650 V
- Rigid natural granite machine base with an integrated system of vibration dampers
- Headstock housing of natural granite for improved static and dynamic stiffness and thermal stability
- Hydrostatic, high speed linear driven X- and Z-slide with a ± 0.1 µm repeatability
- Sealed type direct linear slide measuring system
- Hydrostatic main spindle with a 0.2 µm run-out and integrated torque motor.
- External hydraulic service unit.
- Heat and vibration generating elements are fully isolated from the machine
- Siemens 840D CNC control with a 0,001 micron resolution
- Temperature controlled wet coolant
- Tool measuring system
- Automatic tool changer
- Chip conveyor
- Graphic simulation of workpiece programs on the operator screen
- Grinding spindle
|Max. turning diameter (mm)||650|
|Max. turning length (mm)||300|
|Max. workpiece weight incl. chuck (kg)||800|
|Max. spindle speed (rpm)||1200|
|Z(/W) axis travel (mm)||400|
|X(/U) axis travel (mm)||700|
|Rapid travers rate (m/min)||10|
|Max. feed rate (m/min)||0 - 10|
|Slide repeatability (µm)||0.1|
|Position accuracy (µm)||1|