Mikroturn® twin spindle
The Mikroturn Twin Spindle is our new redesigned “high volume” hard turning machine. Hembrug engineers have succeeded in simplifying the design without having to compromise on functionality and precision. Existing modules of the Mikroturn 100 have been used as much as possible influencing the cost price and production time positively.The hydrostatic main spindles with integrated motors are positioned closer together. This has improved access to the processing space. In addition, both spindles are now loaded directly by a KUKA robot without the addition of a further pivoting system, as was the case in the first generation of the Mikroturn® Twin Spindle. The linear motors in the guide ways have been replaced by high-precision ball screws. These supply the necessary speed and precision, but at much lower cost. The redesign has reduced the price by a third compared to the first generation.
The dual spindle design makes it possible to simultaneously machine a part in one spindle while loading a part in the other spindle by a fully automated Kuka robot. This eliminates all non-cutting time associated with a single spindle machine configuration. In cases where the cycle time equals the load-unload time, production increases can be as much as 100%!
Key features Mikroturn® Twin Spindle
- Rigid natural granite machine base with an integrated system of vibration dampers
- Headstock housing of natural granite for improved static and dynamic stiffness and thermal stability
- Hydrostatic, X- and Z-slide with a ± 0.1 µm repeatability
- Sealed type direct linear slide measuring system
- Hydrostatic main spindle with a 0.1 µm run-out and integrated torque motor
- External hydraulic service unit.
- Heat and vibration generating elements are fully isolated from the machine
- Siemens 840D SL control with a 0.01 micron resolution.
Ultra precision. It all starts at the base.
All Mikroturn® machines have a natural granite machine base with an integrated vibration damping system. Natural granite is the perfect machine base. It is completely stress free , has very good damping properties, is corrosion free and has a low thermal expansion coefficient improving thermal stiffness.
All these characteristics make natural granite the perfect base for an ultra precision machine. Natural granite base:
- Good damping properties
- High thermal stability
- High static and dynamic stiffness
- Free of stress
- Corrosion free
Hydrostatic slides and main spindle.
The main spindle bearings and slide guideways are the most important machine elements in a lathe, determining part accuracies of the workpieces and the lifetime of the machine.
The current Mikroturn® machines entail more than 40 years of engineering knowledge in hydrostatic bearing systems and guideways.
The hydrostatic system in the Mikroturn® Machine series is far superior to any other conventional system and offer many advantages.
- Excellent running accuracy
- Superb damping properties
- High stiffness, independent of speed
- Good thermal stability
- No wear and thus everlasting accuracy
- Longer tool life
- Pneumatic precision chucks
- Collet chucks
- 12 pos. tool turret
- Part measurement system
- Tool measurement system
- Automated part handling system
- Chip conveyor
|Max. Drehdurchmesser (mm)||100|
|Max. Drehlänge (mm)||80|
|Max. Werkstückgewicht inkl. Spannmittel (kg)||1|
|Max. Drehzahl (Upm)||8000|
|Z(/W) Achse Verfahrweg (mm)||350|
|X(/U) Achse Verfahrweg (mm)||240|
|Max. Verfahrgeschwindigkeit (m/min)||20|
|Max Vorschubgeschwindigkeit (m/min)||0;10|
|Slide repeatability (µm)||0.1|
|Position accuracy (µm)||1|